Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Review: My Life as A White Trash Zombie



About: 
Teenage delinquent Angel Crawford lives with her redneck father in the swamps of southern Louisiana. She's a high school dropout, addicted to drugs and alcohol, and has a police record a mile long. But when she's made into a zombie after a car crash, her addictions disappear, except for her all-consuming need to stay "alive"...

My Review: 

This book is more about Angel growing into the person she SHOULD be, rather than her being an actual Zombie. Yes, the majority of her story revolves around her figuring out her new life, but that's the thing..being a zombie GAVE her a new chance at  life. Yes, Diana Rowland took some liberties with the way Zombies act, but I can look past that.  I love my zombies being bad and being the enemy, but this was a interesting take on the subject. In this instance the humans are the bad guys, which is sometimes way more scarier.

My Life as A White Trash Zombie has a lot of heart. You're clapping for Angel from the first page and you want her to get her act together and make something of herself. You want her to pick herself up and dust herself off.  She's smart, funny, and tough. These are the traits I love in a main character. I felt like Angel would be someone I would be proud to call a friend.


I definitely have to read more by Rowland. I loved the way she wrote this book, so I definitely recommend this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!