Thursday, March 22, 2012

Review: At Grave's End


Some things won't stay buried . . . at grave's end
It should be the best time of half-vampire Cat Crawfield's life. With her undead lover Bones at her side, she's successfully protected mortals from the rogue undead. But though Cat's worn disguise after disguise to keep her true identity a secret from the brazen bloodsuckers, her cover's finally been blown, placing her in terrible danger.
As if that wasn't enough, a woman from Bones's past is determined to bury him once and for all. Caught in the cross hairs of a vengeful vamp, yet determined to help Bones stop a lethal magic from being unleashed, Cat's about to learn the true meaning of bad blood. And the tricks she's learned as a special agent won't help her. She will need to fully embrace her vampire instincts in order to save herself—and Bones—from a fate worse than the grave.


My Review: 

I  love this series. Cat is awesomeballs and Bones...*drool!* I'm thinking that Jeaniene Frost knows exactly what it is that makes me a happy girl. I really do. You have awesome writing, steamy romance, and kick ass (literally) characters thrown into a great story! My usual dilemma with a series is that after a while the story gets stale. The books start to drag and just seem like a money grab. So far, The Night Huntress books have yet to feel that way!

This time Cat has tons of new friends thrown into this book. I am not going to giveaway any of the goodies, but my favorite new character is Vlad..yup. THAT Vlad. It's not as hokey as it sounds! It's awesome! I hope he's in the future books! That's one thing that makes me love this series. Things that would SEEM hokey aren't. The sexy parts are sexy and not trashy. The action is actiony and not over done. Cat gets hurt and gets HURT. She does get healed but she's not invincible. She's a kick ass fighter but even she has her "off" moments.

There were a few honest to goodness sad parts in this book. I don't have any problems saying that one in particular got me big time. I was like *GASP....SHOCK* and was very tempted to read the end to see if it all worked out! That was a neato twist.

Again, so no spoilers for those that haven't read this series. Just a suggestion:  GET ON IT! NOW!


1 comment:

  1. I love Frost's work so I can't wait to read this book. Now, to just get through more of the TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!