Thursday, January 19, 2012

Review: Blood Rights-Kristen Painter



Blurb: 
Born into a life of secrets and service, Chrysabelle's body bears the telltale marks of a comarré -- a special race of humans bred to feed vampire nobility. When her patron is murdered, she becomes the prime suspect, which sends her running into the mortal world...and into the arms of Malkolm, an outcast vampire cursed to kill every being from whom he drinks.

Now, Chrysabelle and Malkolm must work together to stop a plot to merge the mortal and supernatural worlds. If they fail, a chaos unlike anything anyone has ever seen will threaten to reign.


Book Details:
  • Mass Market Paperback: 432 pages
  • Publisher: Orbit; 1 edition (October 1, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0316084778
My Review:
This was an unexpected treasure! I was captivated by the cover and had read a few good reviews, so I figured why not? I have to say I could NOT put this down! I loved it! Chrysabelle is one kick ass character! I cannot wait to read the rest of this series! It's got everything that a reader could want; excellent writing, great characters, and loads of action! Tons of things happen in this book and it does NOT seem bogged down with details. Kristen Painter has created an amazing world and I wanna go back there with the next book! 

See all the exclamation marks?!!! That's how good it is!

I gave it a solid 4 out of 5.

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear you enjoyed it! I have the first one waiting for me and I can't wait to read it. Especially after so many exclamation points, hehe! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!