Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Quick Review: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar ChildrenAbout the Book:
A mysterious island.
An abandoned orphanage.
A strange collection of very curious photographs.
It all waits to be discovered in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience. As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for good reason. And somehow—impossible though it seems—they may still be alive.

My Review: 


It's been remarked upon many many times in the internet world, but how awesome is this cover?! I loved the vintage freak show feel to the pictures scattered throughout the book! I liked the oddness of the plot. I cannot say that I knew what I was getting into when I picked this one up. I totally picked it out for the awesome reviews and the creeptastical cover art! Soo I didn't have any kind of preconceived notions about the story.  I was blind as a bat going into this, I guess you can say.

Jacob was a very well written character. He had me in almost tears at moments. The one that sticks with me the most was when he found his Grandpa. I won't go into too many details, as I'm sure there's like five of you out there that hasn't read this yet ;) That scene was quite an emotional roller coaster.

The "children" were all awesome! They had their special talents and each had their own quirky, or peculiar traits which made me love each and every one of them! Except for the bee guy..that guy squicked me out so much! They all make this story super fun to read and definitely make me want to give Ransom Riggs (wicked awesome name dude!) a big hug for putting this book out into the world!

I'm not really adding much new to this book's reputation I guess. I'm basically just reinstating what other blogs and reviewers have already mentioned MANY times before, which is, this is an awesome book! The end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!