Friday, January 1, 2010

Review-The Forest of Hands and Teeth



After hearing all of the buzz about this book via other blogs, I was itching to get my hands on it! My sweet dear husband got it for me for Christmas this year! Yay me! I immediately put aside my other reads in order to dive right into Forest. I won't spoil the ending for anyone but this book did NOT disappoint! I love a good zombie story and this was a GREAT one! Carrie Ryan brought fresh ideas to the genre. Let's face it, most zombie stories are all "Brains....brains..." and heroes shooting guns and stuff like that, but not this one!

Mary is one very well written character. From the start you understand her actions and can sympathize with her desires and drives. She longs for something else than just plodding along in life and watching the fence. She's confused and ashamed at these feelings and you FEEL for her. You really do! It's been a long time since I've been able to read a character and feel as if I could be them! (Hope that makes sense?) That is why I loved this book! Not a single character felt as if it was a "filler" character.

Carrie Ryan has written a book that I will certainly read again. I was not disappointed in this one. The Forest of Hands and Teeth gets a solid rating of 4.5 (broken down below)

Characters: 4.5/5
Plot: 4.5/5
Writing: 4.5/5

  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Hardcover: 320 pages
  • Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers; First Edition edition (March 10, 2009)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0385736819

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree. It's a great read which doesn't disappoint. I devoured it in like 3 hours .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing great things about this book. I *must* read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to have to pick this book up very soon... I've been hearing so much about it! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this book but haven't gotten to it yet :( I can't wait to read it! :)

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!