Friday, December 4, 2009

Lord of the Rings Read a Long


I am ashamed to say that I have never read a single book in this series. I OWN them, but haven't cracked their spines yet. (sounds quite disturbing when I say it that way!) I have glanced at them once or twice on one of those many "What to read?" days, but never actually started one. Now imagine how excited I was to find this Read a Long!?

It's hosted by Shelf Love, I believe her name is Teresa. Here is what the website says:

Starting January 1, 2010, we’ll be reading one book from the series (including The Hobbit) each month with a goal of finishing all four books in April. We’ll be taking turns hosting the readalong, so you can follow our intrepid fellowship of readers around the blogosphere. Here’s where you’ll find us each month:

Anyway, I'm so excited to actually do this! My husband seriously could not believe someone that called themselves a book nut had never actually read the series! So yeah..pshaw on him now!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the readalong. I've read this series (at least) five times, and it is just magical. They're among my desert island books for sure. Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!